Click sections to expand or collapse:
I have experience of creating Module install files so Custom Modules are integrated into Drupal the 'Drupal way'. Knowledge and experience includes:
- Creating install files.
- Setting up the database via install files.
- Creating the database set-up code a number of different ways.
- Updating existing Custom Modules and the Database via install files.
- Creating Module configuration pages for newly created Modules.
- Making modules that are resource friendly by keeping things like .module files small.
I am familiar with creating Custom Modules that integrate with Drupal so that Drupal site builders can use Drupal standard User Interface to adapt and adjust Custom Modules:
- Rules integration with Custom Modules.
- Views integration with Custom Modules.
- Creating default settings in the UI so site developers can easily take control.
I am experienced at writing optimised and speedy code in Drupal:
- Constructing optimised Database calls to retrieve MySQL data.
- Knowledge of how to find bottle necks via Drupal.
- Knowledge of how to find bottle necks via MySQL.
- Debugging code via PHP IDE.
- Debugging code via Drupal & Krumo.
- Knowledge of when to store DB calls in memory.
- Experience of when and how to create MySQL tempory tables.
Experienced at writing secure code in Drupal. I have 8 years experience of developing secure code via PHP. So writing secure code in Drupal is second nature. I always develop the Drupal way, doing things like making sure all input is fed into the Database via Drupal's abstraction layer so it is escaped out and all UI output is sanitised to stop things like XSS etc.. etc...
Experienced at using Drupal's Hooks and API's. I love the way so much functionality from existing Modules can be used to create solutions, then when you have to solve specific problems you do not have to revert all the way to out and out PHP programming. Things can be adjusted, manipulated and developed using Drupal's API's. Hooks and the well thought out API's are one of Drupal biggest strengths allowing me to quickly and precisely create clients requires.
Experienced at migrating data 3 different ways in Drupal. I always migrate data in repeatable stages which are easy to audit and rerun.
- Migrate Module - stable with great memory management.
- Feeds - quick and simple.
- Custom Modules
- normally combined with either the Feeds or Migrate module.
- generally complex data mappings are only required for custom systems which require Custom Modules. I use much of the same code for the Data Mappings and Custom Modules which saves time and money.